Monday, October 7, 2013

Doing for Others

Well, this is not a post on my being a benevolent humanitarian,(insert snicker) but rather the crazy idea that I can create items from another person's vision.  It started this morning when I checked my etsy shop and had a request for a custom art pillow.
This is the pillow that she liked...BUT....could I do the same muted tones with a frog/toad theme. (If you must know...I'm not very fond of frog/toads.) I decided to make a little sketch of an idea and look through some fabric to see if there was a vision.
I think this toad would be very "hoppy" if the pillow back was cut from a piece of hand dyed fabric. Waiting now to see if our ideas are mutual. He may get a little color pencil anyway just for fun...

Happy Coloring, 
Tana

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think your frog is quite fun and I love that fabric you chose for the back. I hope the customer loves them as well! Custom work can really stretch us, which is mostly a good thing, but I have to admit it stresses me out a bit! Hope you're enjoying this beautiful season, Tana. xo, janice

    ReplyDelete